Made some of these beauties this morning. So filling. So delicious.
Blend 3/4 cup oats to a fine consistency, then add 2 overripe nanas + 1 egg+ 2 tbspn date puree + small amount of almond milk until a semi thick batter is formed…. fry for 1 minute on each side over medium heat. Enjoy!
WARNING this cake is very decadent so indulge in small portions 🙂
Blend 1 cup of blueberries, 4 eggs, 2 cups ground nuts (I used cashews), 1/3 cup coconut oil, 1/3 cup maple syrup OR honey, 1 tbsp baking soda and 1 cup cocoa powder. Process until smooth in a food processor.
Bake in a pre-heated 160C oven for 40minutes. Let the cake cool completely before icing.
For the ganache – whisk 1/2cup LITE coconut cream + 120g dark chocolate – melt on very low heat.
* You can use almonds instead of cashews and any type of berry would be fine too
Dates are one of the best foods for iron. If you are constantly tired and feel sluggish, try adding dates to your diet. Get your nutrients from REAL food!
I always make date jam (more like date paste) and add this to my porridge every morning. Date jam is so versatile and can be spread on toast, folded into any baking recipe or blended in with your smoothies. Here’s how you make the stuff:
1) Soak 10 dates in luke warm water overnight.
2) Drain the dates and remove all pips.
3) Place in food processor or blender and add warm water (the amount depends on how thick you want the consistency to be).
4) Whizz and place in glass container. Refrigerate.